Thursday, November 2, 2017

Weekly Blog Post

Houston residents celebrate Astros World Series 2017 victory By: Al Jazeera's Heidi Zhou-Castro

I really enjoyed the standup that the reporter did. She moved her hands well and she also had a good background and it dealt with the things she was talking about. She had a good voice and sounded intriguing when she talked. I also really enjoyed the second interview shot. It was really pretty and was different then any other interview shots I have seen.

I would suggest making the story more about the World Series win.  The story title makes me believe that the story is mainly about the Houston Astros. However when the story started it was mainly about the devastating hurricane the hit Houston. It was a great story I just wasn't clear that the story was going to be about the hurricane as well.

In the future I will definitely try to included a standup in my videos. They add a lot of interest to the story and overall just makes them better. I will also try new creative shots for interviews and B-roll. 

This week I have not been a great leader. I did take initiative to come in early and finish the physics story and helped Sarah through anchoring ONW Now.